What Are Volume Eye Lash Extensions?
Volume eyelash extensions are a new revolutionary advanced technique that uses lighter and thinner lashes then classic. They enhance the natural look of the eye, bringing a radiance to one’s appearance. Adding multi-dimensional lashes by fanning out 3 or more extensions by hand, creating a subtle, soft, and voluminous look without damaging the natural lashes. Using top quality lashes and formaldehyde-free and latex-free adhesive, applied individually to each natural lash 1mm away from lid and never directly onto the skin.
Before Your Appointment
Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time consuming and any residual makeup will cause a barrier between your natural lash and the extension preventing a solid bond.
Do not wear eye makeup. Any makeup close to the eye area must be removed with an oil-free remover.
Do not apply any eye creams or sunblock near the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural lash and therefore prevents longevity of your eyelash extensions.
Do not curl your lashes. This can cause your lashes to become crimped which will make it harder to apply the eyelash extensions.
Please NO CHILDREN under 12 years old. Your eyes will be closed for sometime while procedure is taking place. Interruptions may delay the time allotted for you and EverLash Studio is not liable for any accidents. Please make arrangements for a sitter.
Please silence your cell phones while your eyelash extensions are being applied. Once I place your eyelash pads on your bottom lashes you are prohibited from opening eyes until the procedure is finished. The lash application takes precision and concentration. Talking can make the eyelashes flutter and can shift the eye pads, causing potential tearing.
Refills on work that was not done by EverLash Studio will need to be determined whether or not they need to be removed and a new set put back on, at that time if needed , will do a removal and schedule a time for you to come back in for a new set to be applied. The health of the natural lashes is very important and must be discussed before application.
Please follow these guidelines to help keep your eyelash extensions looking gorgeous!
- Be gentle with your new lashes, do not get them wet for the first 24 hours after application, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
- Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
- Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup. Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
- Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
- Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
- Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water-based mascara, please do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara as removing this is difficult to do without damaging your natural eyelashes.
- Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
- Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
- Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.
If you still have questions or are unsure about the procedure please contact me and we can discuss any questions or concerns you may have.